econ. question

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Sun Jan 12 12:39:22 PST 2003

Hi Michael,

Was wondering if there were specific tax plans that specifically tied tax breaks to job creation. I'm aware counties, cities, etc. will promise tax breaks or even subsidies to attract business, and that this can amount to a tax break for "job creation." But I'm wondering about a policy that says, "For ever job you make, you get this amount off your tax responsibility."

Thanks,

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6