Hardass Marxists Re: Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

Maximus jimmyjames at softhome.net
Sun Jan 12 11:49:04 PST 2003

At 03:26 PM 1/11/03 -0800, Thomas Seay wrote:

>--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> > I'd love to be a hardass Marxist, but I'm afraid I'd
> > have to get on a
> > StairMaster to become one
>
>Perhaps according to this criterion I am a hard-ass
>Marxist, or perhaps a hard-ass post-marxist. Up until
>3 years ago, I competed locally in powerlifting and
>one of the events was the dead-lift which is notorious
>for giving a hard ass to its practitioners.

And don't forget ass-to-the-grass squats! :)

I remember my mom always commenting on what a hard ass I had. She'd smack me on the butt, playfully, when I was a teen. Must be one of those things Carol always speaks off: I was a hard ass Marxist before I was ever a politically active Marxist.

hypertrophy specific, baybee!

rightwardly,

Kelley

snit squat cam launches March 2003