The Triumph of Hope Over Self-Interest

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Jan 13 11:38:07 PST 2003

> That's no guarantee that they'll be angry, either.

Do you think they should be? I think they aren't angry because they wouldn't trade places with an executive; most people aren't even interested in changing places with their boss.

I don't think a lot of people want to "be rich" (thank goodness!) -- I think they'd just like to be better off than they are. So I think the idea of having a $300k income is pretty foreign, like asking them if they'd like to be in the top 1% of figure skaters.