The Triumph of Hope Over Self-Interest

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Mon Jan 13 14:27:05 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

"Bizarre worry" eh? Who said anything about being worried there wasn't sentiment enough to tax the rich. I agree there's sentiment enough to do that and other things. The "bizarre worry" (on my part) is about change that's much more fundamental and/or direct than that, however. For example, in an earlier post I referred to labor organizers' experience with people thinking they are on their way up, so therefore no need to unionize or support unions - i.e. it's what poor, losers do.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6