Newman, Perrin, Pugliese "Red-Baiting" LLP

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Tue Jan 14 14:03:47 PST 2003

At 4:37 PM -0800 13/1/03, Chuck Grimes wrote:

>I don't know about that. I rather enjoyed the ravings of the bitter
>and marginal. A vicious dog fight in a pack of mongrels drawing blood
>over a dead cat was entertaining. And it certainly puts Christopher
>Hitches polite little fog in the Wall Street Journal to shame.

I'll second that. We can only take so much bland academic politeness. Personally I love a vicious argument every now and then, not only does it spice up the fare but it can get at the truth like nobody's business. Forget rational argument, I want to know what people really think, deep down. You won't find that out unless you rattle their cages and poke them with sharp sticks.

In moderation of course. You have to know when to let the rabid dogs off the lead and when to chain them back up again. But its been years since i had a really good all-out argument, I need some exercise. ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas