Newman, Perrin, Pugliese "Red-Baiting" LLP

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Jan 14 07:46:37 PST 2003

No... can't be... true... Pugliese... expressing own thoughts (gasp)... not just... forwarding links... (faints) :)

---

HEH, Bill! Who is MP? A similacrum. Huh, Carrol? "Red-baiting" as used by your old school is asking inconvenient questions to Reds with blinders. Which given the ferocity with which they reply makes me thyink they know the disaster that Uncle Joe Stalin and Mao represented for the US left but, given the residual effects of, "The Proletarian Revolution and the Renegade Kautsky, " and the collapse of the 2nd Int'l. in 1914, and the barbarity of US imperialism, they are loath to admit.As I sad to Chip when we met in November, it isn't reds I have a problem with, as the majority of my politico friends over the yrs.have been Trotskyists, ex-Trots, ex-Maoists, ex-Stalinists, but the hidebound, hard asses, who have reflected on the damage done to the left by the authoritarian sectors of the left against our comrades who fought so hard, and will continue to fight against a system that starves and exploits billions and will lead to ecological catastrophe. Has led to ecological catastophe. Though I always say it could be much worse. Thinking hat cheers me up when I'm depressed as much as 25 mgs. of paxil..(Or listening to Joy Division or the Velvet Underground or Will Oldham.) It could be 1939 or 1914 all over again. Proyect just said that. Damn, he's right every once in a while.

- -- Michael Pugliese