International ANSWER: Spammers

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 14 11:33:22 PST 2003

Kelley>...if any stalinist nose picking morons...

The Fine Art of Nosepicking, Volume 3, Enhanced <URL: http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/nosepicking.html > I believe it was Mark-Jason Dominus who first noted how odd it is that a society intent on being open about masturbation still considers nose- picking to be a taboo subject. (He went on to discuss how the air of Taiwan seemed to have a beneficial effect on the asthetic qualities of his boogers, but a comparison between different climates and their manifold effects on mucous is quite beyond the scope of this discussion.) Of course, there are those who find nose-picking--and that activity so often associated with nose-picking, booger-eating--to be totally offensive. As one contemporary wag comments, ``To me, nose-picking is like homosexuality-- whether or not you do it is your own business, I just don't want you to do it in front of me.'' Other sources have drawn the same parallels, only between heterosexuality and nose-picking.       Nevertheless, people are picking their noses as much as ever. To understand why this is it may be profitable at this point to explore briefly the history of nose-picking, after which we will give a short overview of the current state of nose- picking, followed by a quick forecast for the future of this idler's art...

BTW, one of my theories about the taboo on masturbation, is that st8 males are made anxious by the implicitly homosexual desires excited by jacking off. Do het males purely fantasize and/or use st* porn images and videos of het sex or does the actions of cock stroking excite them in ways they are loath to admit are signs of latent homosexuality?Though the erotic psychology of heterosexual males is not a subject I know the least about. Just a speculation.

Lord Byron, according to the Sunday NYT Bk. Rev. was bi.Not that surprising. Think the gay scholar Louie Crew has a book on Byron. Eve Kosofsky Sedgewick and Jonathan Dollimore are great writers on homosexual desire.

-- Michael Pugliese