irrelevance vs less?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Jan 14 13:11:40 PST 2003

"...Frankly, the Democratic Convention has far more authentic progressive leaders gathered than any rally organized by the WWP..."

this is the wonderful cancer-polio choice offered by american politics...and I've been to dem conventions, both national and state ( california ), so please, spare me...."we" talk amongst ourselves at any gathering and then think "we" are somehow numerous and more powerful...

I have never seen left-progressives in greater numbers, and more helpless in the face of racist, economic and political reaction than at the dem convention of '88, which was the last I attended...huddling with helpless labor-left-palestinian activists may seem revolutionary to someone who watches too many episodes of west wing, or maybe even star trek, but it amounts to about the same thing as mini-left cultists hawking a paper and forcing a mumia speaker onto a platform at a rally...makes them feel real good, does nothing about changing either party...the wwp or the dems.

fs