9% Re: Gallup: Bush favors the wealthy, but so what?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 15 06:43:31 PST 2003

budge wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 at 5:34pm Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > >here are the gallup monthly averages for W:
> > > approve disapprove
> > >10/01 88% 9%
> > >11/01 87% 9%
> >
> > That probably means we have 9% of the American
> > population who are firmly on the left, come hell or high
> > water. That ain't shabby.
>
> same numbers daddy had 11 years ago.

We aren't running for president. We are trying to build a mass movement. (Unfortunately, if we succeed, a by-product of our success will be to funnel support to Democrats.) And for the purpose of building a mass movement, a potential _beginning_ constituency of 9% is far more than "not shabby," it is absolutely magnificent.

Carrol