International ANSWER: Spammers

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jan 15 07:14:27 PST 2003

> VOLUME OF SPAM EXPECTED TO SURPASS THAT OF REGULAR MAIL
> Studies show that the volume of spam has increased
> dramatically in recent years and will continue to rise,

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between "spam" and advertisement? Does all the crap I receive from stock brokers, penis enlargement deals, credit card companies, smut distributors, wireless service providers, weight loss programs, computer hardware pushers, and sundry get rich quick schemes qualifies as "spam" or "commercial speech" similar to that already drowns airwaves?

Wojtek