Popular culture

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 15 14:32:32 PST 2003

Yes, Carrol, I've cited the book whose author you mention from CI, here before, Steinberg, Leo. The Sexuality of Christ in Renaissance Art.

An industrial punk band from LA, a spin-ff from the great Savage Republic ( <URL:http://www.mobilization.com/artists/savage.html > all their albums just re-issued, hurray, the silk screened one from the same label as Camper van Beethoven's first, is the place to start. Savage Republic song, "The Danger Lies Within is a great song about Amerikkkan Fascism.) , Death Ride 69 has a great album cover with Elvis as JC. Greil Marcus reprints it in his Elvis book.

Jesus was well hung.

-- Michael Pugliese

I got an axe-handle pistol with a graveyard frame. It shoots tombstone bullets wearing balls and chains. I'm drinking TNT. I'm smokin' dynamite. I hope some screwball start's a fight, 'cause I'm ready, ready, ready

Muddy Waters, "I'm Ready."