President Bush denounces racial preferences in university admissions

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Jan 16 05:43:17 PST 2003

Now that President Bush has chosen to intervene in the University of Michigan case with his denunciation of direct preferences for racial minorities in university admissions, I take it that he will next take a strong stance against legacy preferences in university admissions too. By legacy preferences, I mean the sort whereby a half-educated nitwit can be admitted into an Ivy League institution like Yale, simply because his dad and granddad were graduates of that institution.

Its guys like Bush that give hypocrisy a bad name.

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com