non-voters

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Thu Jan 16 10:31:34 PST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I think with Latino immigrants situation is a bit more complex than
> simple liberal/conservative dimension.

Another anecdote: my ex-wife was the daughter of Mexican immigrants. An extremely conservative and religious family where the mother and father were both members of unions. My wife and I ruminated upon the fact that the most serious anarchist movements to date had occured in Latin countries - Spain and Mexico. My ex-wife quipped, "Yep, that's Latin men for you. They're so macho they don't want to take orders from anyone!"

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6