abortion poll

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 16 08:53:57 PST 2003

Doug:

> [This is very tendentiously worded. The person who forwarded this to
> the public opinion list urged readers to contrast this with more
> objectively phrased polls at
> <http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm>. Still, the numbers
> aren't as good as a lot of pro-choicers think.]
>

> New poll shows tilt to protect unborn
> By Cheryl Wetzstein
> THE WASHINGTON TIMES

I would not pay too much attention to such crap. The pro-life vermin tried this trick in Maryland in 1992 based on results of a similar poll (the so called question 6 which asked for restriction on repreductive freedom). And they woke up to a very big surprise, as the question was defeated at the polls by the ratio 2:1.

Opinion polls are notoriously misleading - for a number of good reasons, people tend to give "politically correct" or "socially acceptable" answers instead of saying what they really think.

Wojtek