a $50 hamburger

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 08:46:59 PST 2003

--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: <<Black truffles usually retail for $350 to $500 a pound. Boulud says he will serve the uber-burger until the end of the black truffle season. He says the costlier white truffle would not be appropriate with the burger.>>

The question is, why would anyone pay $50 for a hamburger. I think I know. If you want a real "hot" night, all night, take your date to this restaurant OR find an Italian place that has a risotto with truffle in it (may be cheaper). Buon appetito!

-Thomas