Keeping it brief (Was Re: Lazare responds)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 09:05:02 PST 2003

Apparently Lincoln's speech didn't exactly set the audience on fire. It's not reported that Everitt's did either. African-American preachers can indeed be amazing. Sometimes the stuff reads well too -- King's speeches are literature, some of them, as wella s oratory. Malcolm's are rivaled by few for concision, directness, and power. A horrible confession: I was once deeply moved by Farrakhan! speaking at a Jesse Jacksomn rally in 1983 or 84. He's an awesome orator.

jks