Mr Clean (Was Re: Hitchens letter to Seattle peaceniks)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 09:14:49 PST 2003

--- Alan Jacobson <ajacobson at igc.org> wrote:
> Hitchens as Travis Bickle?
>
> ...someday a rain will wash the filth off the
> streets... grrrrrr
>
> The thing I don't understand is where he got the
> idea that the US could be the
> cleansing agent for all these bad things.
>
> Alan Jacobson

When I was growing up there was a detergent ad for a product called, I believe, Mr Clean, that showed a bald buff guy riding through the 'burbs on a horse holding a lance, he would zap stuff drying on the line and make it sparkle, and the slogan was "Whiter Than White!" I am not making this up, as Dave Barry says, other ancient participants on the list can confirm this for you kids who don't believe me. Anyway, maybe Hitch got the idea from Mr. Clean. jks