Canada & the War

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 18:40:24 PST 2003

Marta posted:

>Canada intensifies support for US war on Iraq

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/story.asp?id=E7B5D471-22B4-45E9-B5C6-4922E4F3039C

Classic Chretien. Either he's waffling/stalling or he's losing control of his people (apropos the "moron" incident).

I remember reading an anecdote from the cabinet wherein, after hearing from then Finance Minister Paul Martin about the budget, "necessary" cuts, etc. one minister wanted to propose some new funding for something or other in his portfolio. Chretien spat out, "Didn't you hear him!? Whoever asks for more funding I'm going to cut his budget by 20%!"

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail