TNR (Was Re: lessig on eldred and the five)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 06:54:14 PST 2003

> >Forget Marxism--my theory of history, which is
> driven by the exploitation of
> >bedwetters at the hands of non-bedwetters, explains
> 95% of what goes on in
> >the world!
>
> You read the New Republic too much.
>
> Doug

Any is too much. I gave up on TNR in 1978 or 79 when they ran an article by Walter Laquer explaining how the problem with the Shah of Iran was that he wasn't repressive enough. Btw, I'm not saying, don't read the right wing press. I subscribe to the Economist, which is useful. But a journal of right wing opinion,a s opposed to a news magazine, is likely to be no more nourishing than a steady diet of Wall St. J. op ed pieces, sort of like the Five Minute Hate extended over 36 pages, yucko.

jks