Rambo v Osama

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Fri Jan 17 08:55:32 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:33:25AM -0500, Guilherme C Roschke wrote:

> > Rambo IV is expected to hit cinemas next year, featuring action in
> > Afghanistan and battles with the Taliban.
>
> Rambo III was also set in afghanistan, with the hero on the side
> of the mujaheddin, of course.
>
> http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095956

One of Sly's first films is called "Rebel", and is about Sly joining a Weathermen-type group to blow up a building where they make cages used by US troops to hold Vietnamese prisoners.

In a perverse sense of fun, some friends and I get together each year for "Slyfest", a Sly film festival. Sly has made some of the worst and most amusing movies of all time. Last year we opened the fest with Rambo III so we could see Sly help the brave Afghanis repel the foreign invaders. :/ In the film Afghanistan is 'a country in the middle of nowhere that most Americans have never even heard of'.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 Trillian did a little research in the ship's copy of THHGTTG. It had some advice to offer on drunkenness. "Go to it", it said, "and good luck." It was cross-referenced to the entry concerning the size of the Universe and ways of coping with that.

-THHGTTG