Rent this space

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Jan 17 14:37:15 PST 2003

Of the 17 busses that will going from LA to San Francisco, not one of them has a wheelchair lift on it. They asked me would I agree to be "carried" up the steps. Don't these people know about wheelchair lifts? NO they don't. Further, the organizer at the LA office, Scott told me he would try to get an accessible bus from the company they are getting the busses from. But this morning he had not done so and now the phones are so busy I cannot get through.

So much for "equality" of opportunity. At least they did not patronize me and try to talk me into not going because it would be too difficult. I've had some other lefties do that.

Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org