FW: Organizing Mtg for Feb 15 NYC Antiwar March

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Sun Jan 19 09:32:41 PST 2003

-----Original Message----- From: "L.A. Kauffman" <laklak at erols.com> Sent: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:17:51 -0500 Subject: Organizing Mtg for Feb 15 NYC Antiwar March

please forward far & wide .... sorry for any duplicates

Plans for a major national anti-war mobilization in New York City on Saturday, Feb. 15th are kicking into high gear. This NYC protest, initiated by United for Peace & Justice (www.unitedforpeace.org), will coincide with huge anti-war demonstrations around the globe, in what the London Daily Mirror says may be "the largest ever mobilization against war."

We need your ideas, support, creativity, energy and time. We need your involvement! Please join us at an important meeting this Thursday. We'll have lots of leaflets, stickers, buttons, and posters available, and it will be an excellent opportunity to learn about the organizing effort and how you can join in:

WHAT: February 15 Organizing Meeting WHEN: Thursday, January 23rd 6:30 to 8:30 pm WHERE: Local 802 of the Musicians Union 332 West 48th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues) MORE INFO: (646) 473-8932

Can't make the meeting? Here are some other ways you can plug in: *join our NYC volunteer network by writing to nycvolunteers at unitedforpeace.org *pick up organizing materials at our office (leaflets, buttons, posters etc.) beginning this Thursday, Jan. 23, any time from 9AM to 9PM: 330 W. 42nd St., 8th floor (between 8th and 9th Avenues) *request an outreach packet, with stickers, buttons, and leaflets ready for photocopying, by sending your snail mail address to outreachpax at hotmail.com

We also are seeking donations or loans of the following materials: a fax machine desk lamps markers, pens pads butcher paper and poster sized post-its assorted office supplies - tape, scissors, staples, paper clips, etc.

Hope to see you at the Thursday meeting!

Best, Leslie Kauffman for United for Peace & Justice