Judis and the left (and Ronald Radosh too)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 14:40:02 PST 2003

> Not that there's anything wrong with torture, right Carrol?

DP Not according to that distinguished civil libetarian Alan Dershowitz -- or the US govt, which is torturing Taliban internees in Afghanistan (and Camp Delta) even now. Anyone see the WP article on that (also quoted in the cover story of The Economist a week or so back. "If you're not violating someone's human rights, you're not doing your job," one Special Forces guard said. Makes me proud to be an Amerirrican. And when there's stuff taht our boys won't we,. we hand the internee over to the Pakistanis with a list of questions we want answered. So, Dennis, shut the fuck up with the Stalinist baiting. It's tired. Our very own liberal democracy is right now up to its elbows in torture, and there are no more Stalinist regimes (except N. Korea) to rave about any more. jks