Volunteer "human shields" to head for Iraq

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 12:04:48 PST 2003

> Oh come on. You think these people are trying to protect Saddam
> Hussein? That's a slur worthy of Horowitz or Hitchens.
>
> Doug

I'm not saying that's what's in their heads (who knows but them?); I'm talking about the practical application of being shields in this context. Yes, in essence, they are trying to prevent an attack on Saddam. All I'm asking is, would they do this if the US/UK weren't launching an attack, and, say, the Kurds or the Shias were? If not, why not?

DP