Great News From David Horowitz

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 17:08:10 PST 2003

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> The question is, how do we organize around the
> authoritarians who pull
> ANSWER's strings?

The question that has to be on WWP's mind is how to bring more people into the direct orbit of WWP. I'm convinced that they aren't able to answer that question. This movement is too big and too diverse. So, if WWP wants to continue being bus organizers, then fine, let them be bus organizers. At some point, I think they're going to have to make a move: either become more open OR relinquish some of the power, because it just isn't benefitting them to put so much energy into this while getting so little return (ie recruitment).

We should continue going to their events, but also organize our own. I take back my earlier statements that these protests are worthless. They are good for people who want to demonstrate at some level their anti-war sentiments. I took my baby to the demo, knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about engaging in a street brawl while pushing a baby carriage. However, at the same time, we need to organize other types of more radical subversion outside of these marches.

It's time for independent groups/individuals to affirm themselves in creative subversive ways. WWP can't stop that. We go around them by not worrying about them; we do our own thing. The thing is to be autonomous.

-Thomas