Great News From David Horowitz

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:36:29 PST 2003

Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> said

> Nathan Newman wrote:

<My snip, not Chuck0's of some good stuff.

> They can't be dupes when the
>> whole ANSWER issue is so widely discussed.

Chuck)

> I pretty much agree with Nathan on this. Most of the people who turned out
> for the protests did so because they wanted to protest the war. Call this
> movement by convergence if you will. If any other left group had put some
> money and resources into organizing the protests, the result would be the same.
>
> There is plenty of evidence to support this position, that ANSWER is merely
> riding a wave (which will soon wipe them out). I've read accounts on IMC
> websites about people who thought about going to Washington, yet ended up
> going to something closer, in their state or region. I read about one group
> of people from upstate Wisconsin who winded up going to the protests in
> Madison. And there were big protests all over the place, most of which were
> not organized by ANSWER.

<My snip again>

> So, the people who went to the ANSWER rallies aren't dupes, but they did want
> to protest the war.
>
> The question is, how do we organize around the authoritarians who pull
> ANSWER's strings?
>
> Chuck

I don't know in detail - but I agree that ANSWER itself won't provide much of an obstacle. As I reported, at the Portland rally, when the speeches went on too long people chanted "March Now! March Now!" . Non-overwhemlming evidence for a long term hunch of mine - that humans are naturally anarchists...