Criminal investigation

kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Wed Jan 22 09:07:01 PST 2003

At 07:29 PM 1/21/03 -0800, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>It's jsut possible that people in power realized that the only way to deal
>with a criminal organization is through criminal investigation, not
>military action. I recall being roundly razzed about this suggestion when
>I made it in the aftermath of 9/11.
>
>jks

You were roundly razzed for supposing that it would be less violent or murderous. When the sizzlean shoot dogs in this country--not to mention all the people of color and poor people they shoot regularly--and with the CIAs history it was always a little hard to understand how police investigation is morally superior.

Now mind you, that's what I preferred--criminal investigation. The difference, for me, was that I wasn't about to lie to myself and suggest that it would be necessarily less bloody.

Kelley