Names

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Wed Jan 22 14:56:28 PST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Dennis Robert Redmond wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>
> > to say it was much more fascinating that wondering how the jihad of
> > the al-Bushid will turn out.
>
> I thought of calling them the al-Arbusto clan, but decided that would be
> too recondite for those unversed in the trivia of oil market bailouts. The
> best satire of the petro-fundies was done by Grand Theft Auto Vice City,
> where there's a hilarious interview with a lightly fictionalized Rightwing
> scumbag Florida pol named... you guessed it... Alex Shrub (I couldn't make
> this up if I tried).

The Shrub character recurs quite often in that video game. If you've noticed, there's also a mock-NPR radio station you can listen to while driving one of the stolen cars around. An interview with Shrub comes on where he says all sorts of nonsensical, right-wing jibberish.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6