subject change

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Jan 22 20:09:22 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>

> I don't know what you're talking about. I opposed Israel's invasion of
> Lebanon -- indeed, it was the moment when I began studying the region.
It's
> not either/or for me. You?
>
> DP

The worst outburst of Israeli aggression came in 1982 with the invasion of Lebanon. Death toll: 17 thousand and change. Mass murder. A slaughter. Genocide? When they start herding Palestinians into gas chambers by the millions, then we'll talk.

What is "it", for you, that determines the distinction between mass murder and genocide? The productivity of the technology which expresses the intent of bringing death upon "the other" or the intent itself?

Ian