Hollow ANSWER?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 23 15:50:14 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Brian O. Sheppard wrote:
>
>> Yeah, somehow the IAC/WWP are able to employ people full time to organize
>> and write for their paper.
>

> Most of the sects require members to tithe or more, don't they?

This is a common complaint from former sect members, that they were pressured to give much of their income or money to the organization. From the stories and anecdotes I've heard from former sect members, it led me to start calling these sects cults.

A former ISO member here once told me that the ISO was taking money directly out of his bank account. Now, I don't have anything against the idea of people donating a certain amount of their income to a group, but with the ISO cult-like tendencies, I would want them anywhere near my bank account.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips