nicotne pollution

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Thu Jan 23 16:52:39 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "budge" <budge at el-pleasant.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 2:29 PM Subject: Re: nicotne pollution

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 at 12:46pm Ian Murray wrote:
> >
> > Yet we also have Las Vegas and Wall Street, funny how
> > the Right never suggests we turn our puritanical ethos
> > on those metropoles.....
>
> Which ties back to the thread about Buckley and the
> inability for the right to reconcile full, raw, naked free
> market capitalism with their precious traditional values.
>
> Doesn't too much cognitive dissonance eventually make your
> head explode?

http://www.paraconsistency.com

But seriously, I'd love to see WFB and Ralph Reed's head explode after they'd read Jonathan Israel's brilliant "Radical Enlightenment" which unwittingly shows how capitalism got a big push from the atheist/secularist movement, with Spinoza as the chief protagonist.

Ian