Hollow ANSWER?

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Jan 23 20:09:13 PST 2003

Oh don't forget my organization, the National Lawyers Guild, which signed on early to give the whole thing momentum early on (and whose leaders sit on local organizing committees in SF and LA and do legal work in DC). Much to my regret.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 12:42 PM Subject: Hollow ANSWER?

I took a scan down ANSWER's 'co-sponsor' list and noticed there are few actual groups of any size or history on it. The main exceptions seem to be the Green Party and Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.

There are some Jewish peace groups I know about, but I don't think they are very large. There are some Muslim ones that could be significant, but I don't know anything about them.

There are lots of individuals or varying notoriety and importance.

So I'm puzzled as to how they got the franchise, at least up till now, on the anti-Iraq activities. Is there so little left of the other cadre groups that WWP was able to dominate?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

mbs