US May List Some Chechen Groups as Terrorists

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 03:22:10 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/24/2003 2:09:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, chrisd at russiajournal.com writes:

> U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage said the United States
> denounces anyone who kills civilians for political aims. He stressed,
> however, that the United States is counting on Russia to respect the rights
>
> of Chechen citizens who are not involved in terrorist activities.

TOO tempting to pass up, AGAIN: when will Armitage being denouncing his boss on account of civilian deaths in Iraq caused by the sanctions? And there's always some evenhandedness in the Israeli-Palestinian situation.

> Mr. Armitage, who is in Moscow for talks with Russian officials, made the
> comments Thursday, during a live radio interview with Echo Moskvy. The U.S.
>
> diplomat also said Russia is doing a good job in guarding its nuclear
> facilities in order to prevent weapons proliferation.

Gee, I HOPE so. Since Russian efforts in this area are heavily funded by US taxpayers, I HOPE we are getting something for our money. Somewhere in this comment, some possible sarcastic comments about the non-proliferation regime are lurking, but they get to lurk a little while longer.

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030124/6ee43858/attachment.htm>