David Brooks fulminates

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 24 13:53:37 PST 2003

Ian Murray wrote:

> [...]

Haven't been following this thread, & I'm not quite sure how to read Ian here, but ....

I wouldn't mind state regualations (say on fuel mileage) that prevented the manufacture of SUVs -- but I do object to attacks on people who (as long as they are available) buy them. The core capitalists ride in limousines (or tryto kill themselves in sports cars or boating in New Guinea), and as long as capitalism lasts I'm libertarian re the rest of the population.

Carrol