Entrapment, etc. (Was Raimondo on Ritter)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 14:48:58 PST 2003

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> <<Depends on what you mean by "victimless crimes." Do

you mean drug crimes? I agree that drugs ought in the

mainto be decriminalized and regulated, but drug

dealing is not a victimless crime. Drug dealers are

typically violent and dangerous people who keep their

markets by murder, torture, assault, and coercion.>>

That may be true, but isn't the fact that you get such people selling drugs a result of drugs being illegal in the first place.

Also, out of curiosity, what do you mean by "out to be IN THE MAIN decriminalized". This suggests that you think there are some exceptions. If so, can you tell me what they might be?

Thanks,

Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"