Hollow ANSWER?

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Fri Jan 24 17:56:25 PST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >Brian O. Sheppard wrote:
> >
> >>Yeah, somehow the IAC/WWP are able to employ people full time to organize
> >>and write for their paper.
> >
> >Most of the sects require members to tithe or more, don't they?
> >
> >Doug
>
> Don't all well-known liberal NGOs -- the kind in charge of United for
> Peace, Win Without War, etc. -- have larger budgets and more paid
> organizers than WWP, RCP, or any other "sect"?

Yes, they sure do.

Have I given the impression that I thought full time organizers are a bad thing? I don't - except when the full time organizers are working towards the wrong (i.e. hardcore Leninist) ends.

If anything, IAC/WWP have demonstrated how effective having full-time, paid organizers can be. It's just a shame that they, as an organization supporting unsupportable aims, have them, and so many good organizations don't.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6