Badly drafted law? Was Re: Raimondo on Ritter

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 18:39:48 PST 2003

Upon longer consideration, I think all of the following about the Ritter child sex flap:

--Any 16-yr-old I know who is really interested in sex with someone older is perfectly capable of lying about their age--and most likely pretending to be OLDER, especially in anonymous electronic fora, if they think that will help them attract a partner. So if I had the SLIGHTEST inclination to troll.....

--Ritter, if he has ANY clue about spy vs spy and counter-intelligence games, SHOULD know perfectly well that the odds of "kids" on these chat lines being actual kids instead of authorities trying to entrap pedophiles are pretty low. So, sadly without knowing very many relevant details, I in fact do question Ritter's judgment and perspicacity. And I am almost certianly not going to invite him around any 16-year-old girls I know.

--I actually think Ritter is overrated anyway. His perspective as an ex-inspector who quit for reasons of objections to the process is very valuable, but his whole analysis is a little too "Spy vs Spy" for me. He lacks any analysis of the broader picture, of how Iraq fits into lots of forces undermining the current non-proliferation regime, what options there are to enhance that regime, and why we should push for that instead of just being fixated on Iraq. I do not get the feeling he has thought about that at all, and I do not think his experience is going to wind up having a very long half-life as far as addressing multitudinous crises either in the Middle East or with the non-proliferation regime.

(As a side note, I think the weapons inspector who is into SM is just sublime: The whole inspection exercise is a HUGE exercise in dominance and submission if you ask me.)

DoreneC