Reader talks

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Sat Jan 25 22:44:51 PST 2003

I guess... but you know, I'm pretty flexible and all, but Burger King Oh, you know what's weird. In Australia for some reason originally (someone will probably know) BK could not operate under that name (think there was a local claim on it), so those outlets were called Hungry Jacks. And yet, having moved back to NSW, I notice that they're all Burger King here. What the hell happened?

And also, how about hold the meat. I know they say this, but we were once in a BK outlet somewhere in the States and they were not only utterlyincredulous but downright hostile about "hold the meat".

Catherine

Quoting Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>:

> > Well, having someone watch you masturbate (I mean, consciously
> > counts
> > as "sex". But in Burger King? Now that's perverse.
>
> > Catherine
>
> "Hold the pickles,
> Hold the lettuce,
> Special orders
> Don't upset us.
> All we ask is
> that you let us
> serve it your way . . ."
>
> DP

-- Dr Catherine Driscoll School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry University of Sydney Phone (61-2) 93569503

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/