The most titilating thread ever!

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Jan 26 00:54:56 PST 2003

Chris wrote:
> I think part of the issue is that American children, by and large, are
> artificially infantilized to speak frankly. A Russian teenager is an
adult.
> I noticed the last time I was in the States, hanging around the university
> campus, that I just not find the female syudents sexually attractive. The
> reason, I decided, was that, ostentatious sexuality and physiological age
> notwithstanding, they were like 12-year-olds, the sexuality coming off as
> artificial and forced. You can put a midrif shirt on a 5-year-old, and
she's
> still a five-year-old. No attraction.

Yep. These days, one can ship their beloved child off to college and expect them to return as a child.

- -- Luke ---- One thing I really like about Russian culture is that people don't segregate themselves into age- or success-based groups. In the US, where everybody is supposed to follow a specific life plan (go to college, get a job, get a promotion, get married, work on career, have children, retire), people tend only to associate with other people in their specific age/success bracket. In Russia, at discotheques, you will see groups of friends hanging out with age ranges of 16 to 60. Hell, I was at the birthday celebration of a 17-year-old friend of mine the other day (I'm 32). That would be unthinkable in the States. For that matter, since we were drinking publically in a bar, it would probably be illegal.

It's just a much more humen culture.