Davos & the U.S.

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sun Jan 26 01:28:48 PST 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Eventually the European Union will have to confront U.S. power just as
> Germany in the late 19th century had eventually to confront British
> power.

Euro-optimists (such as myself) would argue the better parallel is, the 19th century US vs. Britain. Germany was a semiperiphery in the 19th century -- lightly industrialized, but with a massive, efficient army.

The EU already won the battle, though, and without firing a single shot: ten countries are joining the EU in 2004, with more on the way.

Have I mentioned the impending dollar collapse?

-- DRR