Davos and the US

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Jan 26 07:04:26 PST 2003

At 10:46 AM +0300 1/26/03, ChrisD(RJ) wrote:
>Europe runs largely off Russian gas.
What's the proportion? -- Yoshie --- I'm quoting from memory here, so it may be way off (I'll try to get better data later). Over half of Germany's power comes from natural gas courtesy of natural-gas state-owned monolopy Gazprom, the largest gas company in the world and largest contributor to the Russian federal budget. I think that hold true for most of the EU. It's CEO was dismissed by Putin last year on amid allegations of corruption and was replaced by Alexei Miller.