Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Mon Jan 27 14:15:19 PST 2003

At 6:26 PM -0800 26/1/03, Gar Lipow wrote:

>Kelley you are absolutely right. I did exactly what I said no one should do in class analysis. I took an analysis that is meant to be a limiting case for large groups and applied it to individuas.

On the contrary, you took the right approach and proved your class analysis wrong. An analysis of class relationships must be able to be applied to individuals. An abstract analysis of the forest that isn't consistent with what we know about individual trees can be presumed wrong.

If your analysis is only applicable to abstract "large groups", but not to actual real people, then how can we test its veracity? It is just a vague and sweeping generalisation.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas