Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 26 21:54:53 PST 2003

Gar:

>I don't believe I said that efficiency is the primary object. The
> coordinator class is a matter of keeping control, not of efficiency.

Somewhere in _Capital_ , Marx points out that the separation of the management role from proprietorship is generally better suited to the expansion of capital, than the two roles being combined in the same person/s, because proprietors by their very nature _may_ make decisions based on emotion or factors other than their _own_ profit. I've seen it happen, and if you think the management of global corporations is increasingly stupid, try working for a family-owned small-to-medium business. Speaking as a wage earner, I'd rather take my chances with GEC.

>It was the existence of the Coordinator class that prevented it.
> Given the genius of M&E it is a great pity they missed it.

Huh? There were foremen/overseers/etc in M&E's time. This is what the term "aristocracy of labour" covers, among other things.

Regards,

Grant.