Albert & Hahnel or Marx & Engels?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 27 08:36:40 PST 2003

At 6:59 AM -0800 1/27/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>So what makes this group of people one "class,"
>particularly since it encompasses a great number of
>people in wildly divergent situatiosn? Btw, I like the
>relentless negative picture of everyone in this
>"class": apparantly all teachers do is to produce
>obedient drones, all managers to is to police workers,
>all engineers do is to deskill labor. In the Brave New
>World, whena ll of thgese people have been re-educated
>and put to proper work as hewers of wood and drawerrs
>of water, the direct producers will educatie
>themselves, coordinate (oops! bad word, very bad, so
>sorry, I maen arrange) their labor by themselves as
>strict equals, and their work will be happy,
>challenging, skilled and fulfilling!

I don't agree with Justin on the virtue of Analytical Marxism, but I do think he's right on the mark above. Somehow, parecon theorists think like the most boneheaded Maoists when it comes to what they might think of as "middle class," intellectuals, etc.! Perhaps, parecon and anarchism are a Maoism for those who hate Maoists. -- Yoshie