Who are these people?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 27 08:44:40 PST 2003

Max B. Sawicky wrote:
> The next anti-war action in D.C. is put on by:
>
> The Shirts Off Coalition includes: Left Turn,
> Anti-Capitalist Convergence, DC Statehood Green Party,
> Organized Coup and SUSTAIN.
>

> I know the Greens and AAC, but who are the rest of these people?
>
> max

Left Turn = A split off of the ISO which does a lot of anti-capitalist activism. They publish an excellent magazine. Organized Coup = A new group, comprised mostly of African-American activists. I'm told that they have been doing Cop Watch. SUSTAIN = Organization that is part of the Israel divestment movement. Pro-palestinian.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips