Garofalo on war

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 10:52:11 PST 2003

"How did the 38-year-old actress drift into politics? 'Now that I'm sober I watch a lot of news, she says, quickly adding that critics will snort: 'See, she had a drinking problem! I knew she was crazy!' "

Actually, I don't know how Garofalo can stay sober while consuming all that "news." After watching the Big Three followed by MacNeil/Lehrer, a few of us FAIRites would hit the nearest pub and try to put the nightly madness into some kind of semi-drunken perspective. Facing all that shit straight is too much, esp during a war, and my guess is that Garofalo is relatively new to the media watch game. Give it time, Janine. It'll soon carve out your chest and deposit its toxic load.

DP