Fwd: The question of ANSWER - and our own coalition

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 27 16:13:46 PST 2003

This interesting tidbit just landed in my inbox. I don't know the person who wrote this, but his comments about ANSWER are right on target.

A few notes:

1) People's Congress - Whatever happened to this event that had been called by ANSWER after the October protests, apparently in conjunction with their votenowar.org campaign? They had called for this People's Congress for Sunday, the day after their big rally. If they cancelled this and created the "Youth ANSWER" protest to bum rush an action being organized by another group, this would be just like ANSWER. They don't cooperate with other activist groups, they compete if they don't get their way. 2) The schism in the DC NLG does exist, with the PCJ being one of the factions. However disappointed I may be with PCJ's work with ANSWER, I think that PCJ is more supportive of militant protesters than the other radical lawyers in DC. 3) I know Martin Thomas as a local activist and have a lot of respect for him as an organizer. My impression is that he would bend over backwards to work constructively with other groups.

Chuck0

===== "Statists - The Other White Meat"

__________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ AA-antiwar mailing list AA-antiwar at lists.mutualaid.org http://lists.mutualaid.org/mailman/listinfo/aa-antiwar free hosting by http://www.mutualaid.org