charities

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Tue Jan 28 14:07:38 PST 2003

At 04:28 PM 01/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>What are some of the list's favorite
>charities/philanthropic orgranizations? I am
>particularly interested in those that do work
>overseas, but would like to learn about any that are
>LBOtalk-worthy. Thanks.

I'd be interested in any good suggestions, but want to remind everyone not to overlook the obvious: the beggars on the streets, euphemistically known as "the homeless." You can be sure that 100% of your money goes to the people who need it....and if they buy a bottle of wine, shit, if I were on the street, I might do that too.

In twenty years...since this shit started, I have never walked by a beggar without giving something, and I have never regretted it and never felt ripped off. Why do I do it? Because they need it and I can spare it.

Joanna