political networking

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Jan 28 15:51:13 PST 2003

you knew it was like this, but, wow. this is from a list of people seeking favors from george ryan back when he was sec. of state.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-clout28.html

my favorite part is at the end of the article.

--- While the list is about doing favors for people, it isn't about kindness, necessarily.

The tally contains candid assessments of some of the candidates put forward for jobs.

"Retested/moron" is a critique for a job candidate from then-Rep. Don Saltsman (D-Peoria). Rep. Raymond Poe (R-Springfield) is the clout behind "numerous knuckleheads," according to the list.

"Can't pass a test/idiot," is the assessment of another man sponsored for a job by former state Senate President James ''Pate'' Philip. ---

can't wait for the whole list. we should have a party.

or a drinking game: http://www.marcmelzer.net/sotudg/index.html

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/ "Something's not in orbit in the capital of this galaxy." - Alphaville