FRIDA review

debsian debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 27 19:34:15 PST 2003

One of my fave Richard Avedon portraits is of the Andy Warhol Factory gang nude (Oh good it's on this webpg.

http://www.artnet.com/ag/fineartdetail.aspgid=396&cid=19572&wid=161756&page=1&group=&max_tn_page= from the Fraenkel Gallery in San Francisco. They had the Larry Clark show too, I saw a few yrs. ago. Clark did the great book of photos of junkies in Tulsa and a sequence of a teenage boy getting his first BJ from a girl. Eeeks, it's ex-President Bush by Avedon, too http://www.artnet.com/ag/galleryhomepage.asp?gid=396 )

except for pasty faced Andy and Paul D'Alessandrio and the rest of the freaks. When I saw the Avedon show at the California Institute for the Arts (CIA) in the late 70's, the curators blew up that photo to fill a whole wall. I haven't seen cocks that big since.That photo and other classic Avedon is in a new coffee table book collection replacing a long out of print volume.

Here is the Annie Leibowitz of David Cassidy lying nude http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=104&ads=true in his backyard that Rolling Stone made a cover image in the early 70's when the Partridge Family and The Brady Bunch (and wasn't that a funny ad with Ozzy and Florence Henderson during the Super Bowl?)

After the Partridge Family went off the air, David did bit parts on TV shows. Saw him once on a really bad crime drama from the late 70's where he played a drug dealer setting up his supplier for a bust. Wonder if Greg Allman feels guilty setting up the roadie that supplied him with smack for a bust?

Michael Pugliese